The ToolBank gladly accepts donations of most tools and tool-related items (containers, tool boxes, organizational items). Tools and tool-related donations are, to the extent feasible, incorporated into the available tool inventory at the ToolBank. Tool donations play an important part in helping ToolBank to increase its capacity to equip volunteers.
Tools and tool-related items that are not added to the ToolBank tool inventory are sold to the public in a garage sale-style event known as the ToolBank Tool Rush. The event has three very important functions:
1. purges non-programmatic donations from the warehouse, allowing increased facility efficiency;
2. raises money to support general ToolBank operations; and
3. Increases public awareness about the ToolBank.
To make a donation of tools, please call 704-469-5800.
All non-tool donations are considered material donations. The ToolBank accepts a VERY limited inventory of materials that support tool usage. Accepted material donations that are not compatible with the ToolBank tool inventory will be
1. Given at no cost to Member Agencies at their tool pickup;
2. Sold to the public at the ToolBank Tool Rush, or
3. Transferred into the possession of a third party nonprofit organization. The ToolBank commonly collaborates with local and national organizations that route material donations to other nonprofits throughout the United States. The ToolBank cannot guarantee appropriate use of donations once ownership is transferred from the ToolBank.